Cellphone and PDA usability evaluating is critical to your business. In fact , mobile and handheld user friendliness testing could possibly be even more important than computer-based usability testing. The main reasons for this are:
– The number of persons accessing the net from cellular and portable devices is normally increasing by a massive rate – in 2008 only there’ll end up being an estimated 58 million PDAs sold throughout the world.
– People generally have a lot less experience of utilizing their mobile to continue online than they do of using their pc. This means that computer-based users may be assumed to experience a higher level of existing expertise than mobile and handheld users.
– The platform whereby users get your site is far less estimated when using cell phones. Computer-based prospects generally only differ from the other in their web browser and main system (i. y. most people will make use of a screen, mouse and keyboard), whereas the different types of mobile phones and PDAs are different can dramatically.
Which will mobile phones and PDAs do you need to consider?
Mobile phones and PDAs can differ from a single another greatly, and this will certainly radically transformation how people experience and use websites. Some of the ways that handheld products can differ incorporate:
– Screen size (small or large)
– Screen layout (portrait vs . landscape)
– Input device (stylus, dagplejenjyttejueljensen.dk numeric keypad, dial-wheel, QWERTY keypad)
Because the mobile phone / PERSONAL DIGITAL ASSISTANT that an individual is applying will have this sort of a profound effect on their very own experience of your websites, you should try to try with as much mobile phones and PDAs as is feasible.
Of course , diagnostic tests with every cellular phone and PERSONAL DIGITAL ASSISTANT is difficult. Here are some suggestions to help narrow down the number of products you’ll need to test out with:
– Your cell site visitors may well belong to a certain audience. Selected audiences are more likely to prefer particular types of phones (e. g. cell phones with big screens that are designed to support web based access or small-screen styles that aren’t).
– You will find ‘phone families’ that offer the same user experience (and is not going to need to be tested individually).
– You may only want to test together with the most popular mobile phones in Europe or maybe the most popular models that are to be used to gain access to your site (you can look at your site stats to find out this kind of information).
Who do you want to test with?
The people you need to conduct the mobile phone usability testing periods with is going to, of course , be based upon your particular organization and its target market. Some things to bear in mind include:
– How much experience they should have got of employing their mobile phones to gain access to services. This is certainly particularly important as the market for the purpose of accessing internet services through mobile phones is growing and the percent of ‘complete novices’ (i. e. people using the technology for the first time) will be a long way higher than for the purpose of computer users of the website.
– Which cellphone or PERSONAL DIGITAL ASSISTANT they have. We would usually advise that people employ their own cellphone in a time, so the check can give attention to your website certainly not on the way the handheld device functions.
Just where should mobile usability examining sessions end up being conducted?
Mobile phones and PDAs are used in the real world consequently usability testing of hand held devices will need to therefore not merely take place in a usability lab.
Where, the moment and how a mobile phone is needed is critical to a person’s experience of the site they are accessing. One of the following situations could influence this encounter and therefore considerations of the website’s usability:
– Background sound
– Contingency tasks (i. e. anything the person is doing at the same time)
– Physical movement
As such, we’d recommend, when possible, that any kind of mobile phone and PDA usability testing is conducted in a clinical and also in the ‘outside world’.
How you package and operate mobile phone usability sessions will be based on your organization and its market, but the many popular techniques of mobile user friendliness testing involve:
– Lab-based (using a camera to record the session)
— Diary-studies (asking people to maintain a journal of how they may have used their particular mobile phone and any problems they encounter)
– Newspaper prototypes (running usability tests on a paper based version of your site, employing mobile phone screen-sized pieces of paper)